UK regulator Ofcom has confirmed the making of regulations to allow people to use certain types of mobile phone repeaters without a licence. The new regulations come into force today - 12th April 2018 and are known as the Wireless Telegraphy (Mobile Repeater) (Exemption) Regulations 2018.
Cel-Fi Smart Signal Boosters are licence exempt under UK law and fully meet the requirements of Ofcom SI 2018/399*.
The making of these regulations follows a decision in October 2017 that licences would no longer be required to use two types of repeaters. These two categories are static mobile phone repeaters for indoor use, and low-gain mobile phone repeaters for in-vehicle use, but only when complying with required technical standards and conditions of use. The unlicensed installation of wideband repeaters will remain illegal.
Future-proof your investment with the Cel-Fi WAVE App
Cel-Fi WAVE is the software application used for registering, setting-up, remotely monitoring, and updating Cel-Fi products.
If your circumstances do change and you decide to switch your Mobile Network Operator, the App’s functionality enables you to future-proof your investment by allowing you to easily swap between operators as and when required.
The App provides a glance-able view to the state of your Cel-Fi environment and includes:
• A dashboard overview of all your systems
• Real-time data and performance metrics
• Easy activation and registration
• Operator exchange if you switch network
• Software and group update management
• Available for iOS, Android, PC and MAC devices
· Provides 100dB of signal gain, 1000x times stronger than traditional analogue boosters
· 40m of coverage or 13,000 sq. ft/1,200 m², equivalent to 5-10 times larger coverage than most boosters
· Up to 2 mobile bands supported
Cel-Fi PRIME 3G/4G/LTE mobile signal booster for small indoor spaces
Even the smallest of flats, homes and offices will have mobile phone coverage issues. The problems can be caused by anything from not having a clear line of sight to the nearest cell tower, or building materials that block mobile signals. Cel-Fi PRIME, the first all-in-one signal booster that is specifically tailored for spaces of 1,000 sq. ft. or less is a perfect fit for smaller spaces such as single rooms, flats or small offices. The Cel-Fi PRIME is available for EE, Three and all hosted networks.
· 80 dB max signal gain in an area approximately 11.5 metres wide (1,000 sq.ft. / 100 m²)
· Intelliboost Chipset – Unconditionally Network Safe
· Quick Setup with Integrated Antenna System and WAVE App Management
Cel-Fi QUATRA is an active DAS hybrid solution for delivering high quality in-building mobile signal coverage in middleprise venues. It combines the best of active DAS and the Cel-Fi technologies that have been widely adopted by carriers around the world. It operates in off-air mode or can be integrated with carrier small cell equipment and operated in distributed small cell mode, creating a Supercell. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be configured with components, for single or multi-carrier environments.
· Scalable coverage and capacity for up to 200,000 sq.ft/190,000 m²)
· Multi-carrier support
· Highest downlink and uplink power – 4x more downlink power and 2x more uplink power than competitor products – this allows for a stronger signal transmission
For more information about the Cel-Fi QUATRA contact us here.
Cel-Fi GO X
The Cel-Fi GO X Smart Signal Booster is a rugged premium mobile phone signal booster that strengthens your 3G or 4G signal coverage. It is the first carrier-class indoor/outdoor mobile coverage solution to feature industry leading 100dB signal gain and Nextivity’s unconditionally network safe guarantee. Cel-Fi GO X leverages the award winning Intelliboost signal processing to deliver the industry’s largest coverage footprint with the best voice and data wireless performance. Cel-Fi GO X is IP66 rated weather resistant and does not interfere with other wireless devices. This multi-carrier solution is ideal for use in commercial properties, government buildings, agricultural settings, small manufacturing operations, rural areas, businesses, and large homes. Cel-Fi GO X is cost efficient and easy-to-setup with an installer and can be easily optimised and monitored by using the Cel-Fi WAVE App.
· 100 dB max signal gain in an area approximately 15,000 sq.ft. / 1,400 m²
· Multi-carrier support with carrier switching
· Indoor/outdoor IP66 rated
For more information about the Cel-Fi GO X contact us here.
Please contact Frequency Telecom for more information on reseller opportunties here.
*The license exemption applies to bands 1,3,8 and 20 (excludes Vodafone band 7)